THIS TRAINING PATHWAY IS PROVIDED IN
Partnership with the Australian College of Ministries [ACOM].
ACOM IS A MEMBER OF SYDNEY COLLEGE OF DIVINITY WHO OFFER INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNISED HIGHER EDUCATION AWARDS.
The Diploma of Ministry is designed to be very practical and experience based. The emphasis is on giving students a hands-on learning experience that is grounded in their ministry context of their learning cohort.
To complete the diploma 12 units are to be completed over 1 to 2 years full time or 2 to 4 years part time.
eight CORE UNITS
INTRODUCTION TO OLD TESTAMENT
INTRODUCTION TO NEW TESTAMENT
INTRODUCTION TO PASTORAL CARE + MINISTRY
INTRODUCTION TO CHRISTIAN DOCTRINES
THE PERSON AND WORK OF JESUS CHRIST
PRACTICAL MINISTRY ONE [FUEL CONFERENCE]
PRACTICAL MINISTRY TWO
four ELECTIVE UNITS
• LIFE OF JESUS
• INTRODUCTION TO YOUTH MINISTRY
• INTRODUCTION TO WORSHIP
• THE EVANGELISING MISSION OF THE CHURCH
• MISSION TRIP
• YOUR FAITH GROUPS DISTINCTIVES
• PROCLAIMING GOOD NEWS
• THE CHAPLAIN AS CARER: HELPING YOUTH IN NEED
• TALKING TO MY NEIGHBOUR
• INTRODUCTION TO CHILDREN'S MINISTRY
• INTRODUCTION TO CHURCH HISTORY
There is great flexibility in the program centred on four themes: the Bible story, the life of Jesus, personal formation and hands-on ministry experiences.
ACOM supplements accredited training resources with a supportive digital learning environment including:
• Online learning management system
• Online library
• Grammarly writing support
• Collaborate video conferencing
• Dedicated student support
A completed Diploma can be used as 8 units credit toward a Bachelor of Theology or Bachelor of Ministry.
FOR THE DIPLOMA
The Diploma is suitable for:
• those who have completed high school (year 12 or equivalent).
• those who are mature age (20+ years)
• those who have demonstrated an ability to complete previous Cerificate IV or Diploma Level units of study.
• Students may apply for up to six units of academic credit into the Diploma of Ministry for previous cerificate or diploma study in Christian Ministry and Theology.
OF THE DIPLOMA
The cost per unit in 2019 is $1,490.00 Note: Personal Formation unit cost is $4,220.00 [ year-long unit ]
Eligible students can access FEE Help to pay for their unit fees.
Eligible students studying full time may apply for Youth Allowance, Austudy, or ABSTUDY
Visit www.studyassist.gov.au for details.